Like our page!

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Woman Goes Blind Because of Pet Cat. The Reason Will Shock You!

A woman from Ohio woke up one day to find that she couldn't see form one eye. She had initially thought that it was pink eye but further tests from the doctor showed a different story.

Jane Walters of Toledo, Ohio discovered that she got a condition called Cat Scratch, which is a bacterial infection spread by kittens and cats, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The disease can be transmitted when a cat licks open wounds/scratches or bites through a person's skin.

Unfortunately, her lost of vision could not be cured. Prior to diagnosis, she didn't even know that kind of disease existed but she felt lucky anyway that the cat scratch didn't infect her other eye.

According to doctor Kristopher Brickman of the University of Toledo, the infection can spread through anything that's exposed to the cat's mouth such as saliva, fur or paws. 40 percent of cats carry the disease and infection is more probable from people with weaker immune system.

Kittens younger than a year old have a higher chance of carrying the bacteria and spreading it.

Watch the video below for more information and let us know what you think about this bizarre case in the comments below.

Share this article.

short story
Best Love Quotes

Facebook Comments by Today In Manila


Post a Comment

Read Our Daily News Via Email

Like Us On Facebook!

Total Pageviews