Xiang Liujuan, 30, was holding her son when suddenly the panel in front of them opens up. In a swift motion, she pushed her son to safety while she fell into the opening. Despite attempts to save her life, she was swallowed up by the machinery and her body was found 3 hours later, and was "rescued" by the Fire Department 4 hours later but it was too late. Paramedics declared that there were no signs of life on the corpse.
The incident happened in Jingzhou Shashi Anliang Department Store in Hubei China. The incident has sparked outrage from netizens since an unnamed source claims that the escalator was being fixed and the maintenance personnel neglected to screw the panel back on.
Warning, video is not for the faint-hearted; footage may be disturbing to some. Viewer's discretion is advised. Let us know what you think about this tragedy in the comments section below!
Share this article.